Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Holiday Blog Hop - Stop #7

Happy Holidays to all my fellow paper crafters, scrapbookers and memory keepers!

You have reached the final stop on the Creative Memories Holiday Blog Hop. I will include links to all the other bloggers at the end of my post.

Have you seen the new Christmas Joy Collection?  It's cheery and bright, and features classic holiday colors and designs. Today I am pleased to offer more examples of how versatile Creative Memories' Fast2Fab albums and pages can be, using the Christmas Joy products.

I am hoping to help you see beyond the pages as they are, and imagine the possibilities.  Fast2Fab pages not only make it quick and easy for you to complete albums - they are also a launchpad for your own creativity.  With the basic layout and colors in place, all you have to do is personalize it a little.

 1) "Happy Holidays" is as easy as it gets: add your photos to the predesigned pages. That's it!  I like to leave a little room on the bottom of each photo box to do some journaling.




2) "December" shows how you can just add a few elements to the predesigned page to make it your own.  First, I punched two Diamond Scroll borders with the green dot paper, and two Medallion Frame Chain borders from white cardstock.  I layered those borders as shown on each page. Next, I matted and added my photos.  For the journaling box, I used a card from the Christmas Joy slide-in pack, punched the Evergreen Tree border along the top, and added a sticker from the new collection.




3) "Christmas Traditions" is an example of how to use a F2F page as a starting point, and add your own design.  Below are the pages as they are in album/refill pack.  I like these, but they needed a bit more color, especially red!


I started by covering the top border with the red stripe paper from the Christmas Joy pack, and layered a border strip over that, cut from another paper in the pack.  Next I punched the trees with the Border Maker and stuck that towards the top of the green page border. The adorable rows of holiday houses along the bottom are stickers (yes!!)  Photos, mats (that's gray cardstock from the Shades of Neutral pack) and a card from the slide-in pack, and it's finished.



4) "Merry and Bright" is a total page makeover.  I used a layout from the Fall In album, and turned it into a Christmas layout.  Maybe you're thinking...yeah, that's nice Julie, but why would I do that?  Well, maybe you had a 2012 like I did, where you took about four Christmas pictures, because your husband was working overseas and you were home with four kids (or whatever your reason was!) So you're working along in your lovely Fall In album, and you come to December, and your four pictures, and you need a Christmasy page. Here you go. (sorry about the color difference; I obviously took them in different lights. I promise it's the same two pages)


I covered the purple photo boxes with red and green prints, added the brown stripe mat, and also borders on the right, cut from the paper pack.  The journaling box at the bottom right is a card from the slide-in pack. I drew the light string with a CM pen, and added the light bulb stickers, the Christmas tree and a star sticker on top.



5) "I Love Christmas" is a pocket page!  These handy additions are great when you have extra pictures that won't fit on your layouts.  When you add coordinating slide in cards, they blend nicely into the album. Don't be afraid to add stickers or other embellishments to make the page more interesting.


6) "Gone Fishin'" shows you how are not locked into the "theme" of F2F pages.  Here, I turned a Christmas Joy design into a fishing/outdoor layout.  If you ever have leftover pages or you think - "this would be great for my pictures of _______," you can transform them pretty easily. 


All I had to do was add some paper and die-cut leaves from the Fall In collection.  The title box is a card from the Christmas Joy slide-in pack; I simply covered the brighter holiday colors with "wood" paper and added Fall In alphabet stickers.


Think outside the box(es) with Creative Memories Fast2Fab albums!  You will find so many possibilities. :)

I hope you have enjoyed the blog hop, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

Below is a list of all the blog hop contributors, in case you missed them:

Stefani at Crop with Stef
Candace at ' Scrappin' Jpegs
Julie at Julie's Creative Memories Blog (you are here!)

3 comments:

  1. Awww #4 is my favorite!! Thank you for helping us see another way to change up the Fast2Fab pages. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete