Monday, December 7, 2015

Blog Hop Stop One: Quick & Easy Layouts, Featuring...Circles and Ovals!

Hello readers, and welcome to the latest Blog Hop!

This your first stop today, and at the end of my post I will give you a link to the next one.  The idea is to keep "hopping"from one to the next, reading and viewing each contributors great ideas.  When you have finished, be sure to leave a comment on the main Creative Memories blog page (I will give  you that link as well).  Everyone who comments on that page will have a chance to win the complete Custom Cutting System!

Speaking of the Custom Cutting System....the big news today is that Circles and Ovals are here! They are available for sale today starting at 3pm CST, as well as a couple other new items.


When used with the cutting mat and blades, you can cut many different sizes, to use as photo mats, decorative elements, or whatever you like.  You will definitely want these little guys in your crafting toolbox!  Of course, we all love die-cut machines, but the fact is, the CM Custom Cutting System takes up a lot less space and does not need a power source!  It's a very quick and handy method of cutting circles and ovals for your layouts, cards or other projects.

You will find many ways to use circles and ovals in the Blog Hop today.  My main focus is using them in album layouts.  Here are a few ideas to get you started.

Once you start cutting circles, it's hard to stop!  Circles are a fun way to do a border or decorative element on the page.  This lovely, uncluttered page literally took me 15 minutes to make. I used card stock from Shades of Neutral and paper/stickers from the Christmas Joy collection.




The next layout shows how a matted, circle-shaped photo can anchor the page, joining the photos together and drawing the eye around them. Circles also help highlight a part of an otherwise poor photo (you can usually cut out photo bombers, ugly walls or other details by making the photo a circle).  Materials used: Cardstock from Shades of Neutral, paper/stickers from the Christmas Joy collection.




Here I used a Natural refill page as a nice backdrop for products from the Fall In collection.  The circles and oval cutting patterns are great for highlighting the title of your page. The three blades (each one cuts a bit farther out from the template) make quick work of matting and layering.




You KNOW I can't let a blog post go by without mentioning a Fast2Fab layout! :)  Circles and ovals are a great addition to F2F pages, because you can sneak a few more photos on them that way. They also break up the monotony of rectangular photos. Here, I added a couple circles to a 2-page spread in a "Now Boarding" album.  The card stock is from the Shades of Neutral pack.



Now I will send you on your way to Diana's blog for more inspiration!  Below please find the entire list of contributors, include a link back to the CM website blog, where you can leave your comments. I also enjoy comments here, but if you want to win the Custom Cutting System, you must comment on the Creative Memories page. Thanks for reading and enjoy your day!

#1 Julie at Julie's Creative Memories Blog (you are here)
#2 Diana at D. Brinsley's Memory Keeping Blog
#3 Stefani Jones at Crop With Stef
#4 Lisa at Lisa's Workshop
#5 Fran at Celebrating Your Beautiful Life
#6 Noreen at Organized and Creative Mom
#7 Candace at Scrappin' Jpegs

And don't forget....The Creative Memories Blog






20 comments:

  1. I love these ideas. very creative. So happy to see the circles and ovals are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the layout ideas, I love the CCS - the ovals are my favorite so thanks for giving me a few more ideas for the circles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Joy layout. Clean and it really shows the pictures. I have not been taking pictures at holidays because I became divorced and my ex kept my stuff picures albums and tools but its ok I think I am inspired to start again thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of highlighting the pictures rather than the decorations! Beautiful and transferable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all wonderful layouts! I think the Joy layout is my favorite - those photos just pop off the black background. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to incorporate CM's best tools and bring our pages to life! Wonderful examples on beautiful pages. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and simple - love these ideas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice - loved your last layout on the Now Boarding F2F pages!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creative ways to use an old tool. I'm so glad it is back. I especially liked the addition of circles to the Fast2Fab layout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty ideas! I love the Fall In layout - I am going to want to recreate that one

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute ideas I'll be doing some of these this weekend. Thanks

    ReplyDelete